Saturday, May 8, 2010

Flags in the Sand

I didn't go to London in the end. No, instead I walked along Royal Avenue, pulled my hood over my head and cracked open a can of Irn Bru.

The Fun Day we're arranging is next Saturday, and this morning I went over to the site to plan (roughly) what's going to go where. There are lots of problems. Most notably, the ground is not flat. In fact, it gently slopes away from the car park. Secondly, and most likely to flip me out, is that I can't seem to think quickly enough when everyone around me is trying to make decisions.

Actually, I think this feature in particular, is quite an important discovery in my ongoing chillout-quest. A flag, if you will. Is it possible to be chilled-out when everything is changing quickly around you as people are also thinking at speed to solve the same problems?

The solution, of course, is to be as organised as possible beforehand, and communicate it well.

The rain spotted out of the grey sky as I walked home. A boy waiting by a front door saw me pass by with my pad and my pen.

"Are you an artist?" he said. It made me chuckle.

I suppose I am. I do seem to do things creatively, whatever they may be. The more I think about this, the more I realise that this is probably another flag in the sand. Improvised, passionate strokes of the brush could create a masterpiece. But whatever you do, don't stand round the easel and chip in.

-

So, no open-top bus tour either. Hopefully I'll do my London trip in two weeks' time. After my morning, working out which way round a climbing wall should face, I decided to go into town. Waste of time. I think I might write a poem about multi-storey car-parks.

In other news, my Mum just used the word 'chillax'. I think I'd better check with CERN just in case they've done something funny to the fabric of the Universe.




No comments:

Post a Comment